Everyone is welcome to the services and activities for families and children during Advent and Christmas at St. Mary’s, Iffley! See below a summary of scheduled events – for which more detail will be provided on the church website and notices nearer the time
SERVICES & EVENTS:
- Bring & Share Advent Lunch – 3rd December 12 noon (Advance booking required)
- Carol Singing 6pm & Barn Dance / Ceilidh 7.30 pm – 18th December
- Christingle Service – 24th December 3pm
- Midnight Eucharist – 24th December 11pm
- Christmas Day Eucharist service – 25th December 10am
ESPECIALLY FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN:
For children, there will be a series of themed children’s activities taking place in the Village Hall during the Sunday 10am Eucharist services (which we call the ‘Fish & Chip club’) – involving games, lessons, craft activities and music, in preparation for the Christingle Service (at 3pm on Christmas Eve) on the following dates:
26th November – the story of the Angels telling Mary and Joseph the news.
3rd December – The Journey to Bethlehem, the Star, the Donkey, no room at the Inn.
10th December – Jesus Birth, Christingle Oranges and the shepherds.
17th December – Wise men and Herod, Presents and the Meaning of Christmas.
Contact for further information: The Parish Administrator, Janet Low at: firstname.lastname@example.org