In addition to the charitable support outlined in St Mary’s Charitable Giving Policy, St Mary’s Church will give donations of £1,000 to two chosen charities and £500 to two further charities making a total of £3,000 in 2022.
Would you like to suggest a charity? St Mary’s Charities Committee is likely to support charities in areas of education, health and disability, poverty, homelessness and refugee projects, peace and reconciliation and the environment.
Suggested charities will be either local (Oxfordshire), or national or international.
A nominated organisation will reflect Christian values and meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Evidence that the chosen charity is effective.
- The charity reflects the views of the congregation.
- Evidence of direct congregational involvement in the charity.
- Indications that a relationship can be built with the charity.
- Indications that the charity’s other funding sources are limited.
- Evidence that the Church’s giving, although small, will make a difference.
The Deadline for project proposals for 2022 is 24 October 2021
- Printed forms should be returned to the Church Office
- Emailed forms should be returned to Janet Low, Parish Secretary email@example.com