The final of week of Lent is here. We are marking the days of Holy Week in many ways at St Mary’s. There is music and quiet, activity and reflection, symbol and liturgy. There is even a chance to explore outside at the children’s service on Good Friday morning (dress for all weathers!). We will also post a day-by-day timeline through the week, travelling with the disciples as they accompany Jesus from palm branches to the garden tomb.
- 8am Holy Communion, said in traditional language
- 10am Parish Eucharist, beginning in the hall for the Palm Sunday procession
- 6.30pm Sung Evensong
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- 10am Daily Eucharist for Holy Week
- 7.30pm The Liturgy for Maundy Thursday
- 7.30am Prayer & Toast in the Vestry
- 10am Children’s Service — lasting 30 mins and very informal. Please wear all-weather clothes and shoes!
- 12noon The Liturgy for Good Friday
- 6.30pm Pergolesi’s ‘Stabat Mater’ with singers from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- 6am The Easter Liturgy followed by breakfast in the hall
- 10am Parish Eucharist
- 6.30pm The Eucharist with hymns